Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Pajama Party: Sugar & Spice Baby Shower!

I was honored to throw a baby shower for one of my favorite people in the world last weekend!  Katie is having a baby girl in September and wanted a soft and delicate feeling to the decorations and theme.  She decided on "Sugar and Spice" with an emphasis on sugar!  You can't go wrong with that. 
This cotton candy inpspired wreath was hung on the front door.  The rosettes were made from tulle (lots and lots of tulle) and held in place on a styrofoam wreath with corsage pins.  There was zero gluing involved, which I loved.  Click HERE! for a tutorial on my new favorite wreath.  :)
Next I made this matching topiary, using the same technique on the roses. 
I added strips of green tulle in the back of the rosettes for the look of leaves, and it added a delicate contrast. I'm not gonna lie, this little creation was hard to say goodbye to. 
Since the new little bundle of joy will be as "Cute as a Button", the guests each glued a button onto a "M" for baby Megan. 
The shower was open house style so we didn't play any of the traditional shower games, but this gave the guests something to work on for baby Megan's room.
Another little activity the guests were asked to do was with this Blessing Tree. They were asked to write some words of love, wisdom, or advice to Katie or baby Megan to hang on the tree. 
I made these puffy tulle pom poms as a simple garland to add detail to the gift table. 
They were SO easy, so keep your eyes open for an upcoming tutorial.
I LOVED the idea Katie came up with.  Like I mentioned before, it was open house style, but we wanted people to stay and chit chat, so Katie put together this onesie station. 

She bought a variety of onesie sizes, paint, and stencils and let everyone show off their creativity with personalized onesies from baby Megan's newest and greatest fans. 
It was such a cute idea to have the "artists" sign their names as a reminder of this fun day!
I also loved the holiday themed ones! I was a huge fan of this in lieu of games.
WARNING: Just looking at the rest of this blog post may cause cavities! 
Proceed at your own risk!  :)
"Sweets for the Sweet" was the theme of this candy bar.  Guests munched on candy and took a handmade paper box to go as a "thank you" for coming.
The boxes were made using the Cricut cartridge "Boxes, Bags, and Tags" (the first edition, not the "Boxes, Bags, Tags & More").  They are a really easy and custom DIY box for a variety of party favors.  I made the paper rosettes out of vellum which gave them a softer look.  Click HERE for a rosette tutorial.

The apothecary jars and smaller glass jars gave the candy bar an old time feel.
All of the candy was purchased at Gygi's, a super classy party supply store that has more than your average candy and baking selections.
One of my favorites were the giant pearlized gumballs.  ElleBee was sweet enough to let me use her gumball machines.  Click HERE for the tutorial she used to make them.
I got ahead of myself with the party favor, candy bar.  If you thought that was a sugar rush, get ready for the food, treats pure yumminess the guests indulged themselves on.
Katie's amazing neighbor, Rachel, baked all of these deliciously crazy treats!  A picture is worth a thousand words, so enjoy!

I know, right!?! 
 There was an insane amount of to-die-for food!
 These mini champagne styled glasses were one my favorites.  They came from our local Partyland.  The edges were dipped in Karo syrup and then dipped again in pink baking sugar from Gygi's.  The striped straws also came from Gygi's.  I told you, I'm kind of a fan!
Here I am with my gorgeous friend, Katie! (she's on the left)
It was so much fun planning this shower with her!  She will be an amazing mom, and I'm thrilled for her! 
I hope the next baby shower you throw is just as fun as this one!  Hopefully you got some good ideas you can use at any type of party to
make the world a cuter place! 

Have fun!
Cindy Jane
P.S. Click HERE to see some of Katie's baby announcement photos!

41 comments:

  1. Oh my stars. This is by far, one of the most beautiful baby showers I've ever seen!! What a blessed mommy. I adore those onesies...what a wonderful activity...yes, WAY better than games! Would be super delighted for you to link up with us over at Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/07/mop-it-up-mondays-24.html

    Thanks so much!
    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kristi! I linked up to your fabulous site! It's absolutely adorable and I'm your newest follower/fan! :)

      Delete
  2. WOW! What a FAB shower! I loved all the details! We too, do the open house style for showers...it's just nice and relaxing, right?! I loved all the puffs and poms! Can't wait for your tutorials! Thanks so much for linking this Darling Shower up to Jaihart! I hope that you link up many more projects! Have a super fun day!
    Smiles, Jill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill, thanks for hosting a fabulous linky party and thanks for being our newest follower! I look forward to linking up more projects! Have a great week!

      Cindy

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! EVERY detail is adorable!!! Thanks so much for sharing at our linky party.... Hope you have a great week!

    Hugs-
    Heather
    Stringtown Home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! We always love linking up to your site! :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a gorgeous little party!!! I love all the great ideas with the tulle!! Thanks for sharing and I am a new follower!
    Hope you are having a great day!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and following Michelle! I can't wait to check out your site!!! :)
      Cindy

      Delete
  5. Awesome party! Very very sweet!!!

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow wow wow! First of all, it all looks so gorgeous. Secondly, I love that you have so many amazing ideas here! I especially like the blessing tree and the onesie station. If I'm ever tagged with throwing another shower I'll definitely keep these in mind. So glad you linked up at Etcetorize this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The blessing tree and onesie station were the brilliant "mom to be's" idea. :). Thanks for hosting another fun party!

      Delete
  7. What an absolutely adorable shower! I loved the toparies and the candy table! So sweet. I am having a shower for my new little girl and I hope it turns out half as sweet as this one. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! The wreath and topiary tutorials will be up on Monday! Congrats on your new little girl! :)

      Delete
  8. WOW! What amazing detail, crafts and food for the shower! AMAZING!!!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can i just say this was the cutest shower, I love every detail about it. My sister is pregnant and I hope you wouldn't mind if I used some of your cute ideas such as the tulle topiary or wreath for her shower. Loved it, it was all adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! The wreath and topiary tutorials will be up Monday! I'd love to see a pic of yours when they're done! They're so fun to make.

      Delete
  10. this is the cutest shower I have seen!! love it!!!
    New follower from the Blog Hop
    -Buffi
    My Wonderfully Dysfunctional Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious! I love the candy bar.

    Make sure you stop by and share this at my Flaunt It Friday link party.
    Can't wait to see more posts.
    http://www.blissfulbucketlist.com/2012/07/flaunt-it-friday-4_12.html

    Sarah@
    www.blissfulbucketlist.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the party.. You have done a great job on each and every detail of the party. Pink and cute that's the way to go. Thanks for linking up.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely lovely party! I fell in love with that wreath!
    I have alink party happening today and I would love for you to share this :)

    xo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those tulle puffs are sooo adorable, and those snacks look mouth-watering! Are we gonna see some recipes?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, ladies! Just wanted you to know that you were our fav at Stringtown Home for the week - our featured post! Still drooling over all of these adorable decorations!! :)
    Thanks for sharing,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such great news! You just made our day!! Thanks for hosting fabulous parties!!!

      Cindy

      Delete
  16. Visiting from Jaihart. Wonderful baby shower creations & goodies. Especially like the make a onesie idea.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays last week. If you can put a link back to my blog on this post I will be happy to FEATURE it!! Let me know. Hope to see you again this week!!
    Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would LOVE to be featured! I added your link! Sorry it wasn't on there before. :) Have a great night!

      Delete
  18. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. Great baby shower. I love all that you did.
    Debi

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG this is nice and the decoration is main attraction.How you do these decoration.Really great.Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how you did this sugar and spice themed baby shower. I was wondering if I could use the photo of your candy bar for my article on sugar and spice baby showers (http://www.squidoo.com/Sugar-and-Spice-Baby-Shower) I think your photo illustrates what it should look like much better than the photo I have on there now. I would include a link back! :) I'll check back to see your reply.

    Thanks,
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Of course, Jasmine! You are more than welcome!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Oh, thank you so much! Going to add it now. :) I will link back to the post here. Thanks again!!

      Delete
    4. I just wanted to let you know that I moved my content (not going to be working with Squidoo anymore) to my blog Shopping Customized and included your pics there, of course with a link back. Thanks again. :)

      Delete
  21. When u throw a party, u throw the ultimate shin dig!!! I think u should be featured in a magazine. Classiest and cutesy shower ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is thee most beautiful baby shower that I've ever seen! I love every single thing...amazing.

    Baby Shower Party Supplies

    ReplyDelete
  23. Really enjoyed watching these photos! I just loved Sugar & Spice themed for baby shower party. Looking fantastic! I would love to use this cute party idea for my sister’s baby shower event that I will be hosting at one of best LA venues in next month.

    ReplyDelete