Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Weekend Pajama Party: Tulle Rosette Topiary

You might recognize this topiary from my friend Katie's baby shower that I posted a few weeks ago. {You can see it HERE.} It goes along with THIS matching wreath.  I love how soft and girly  it turned out.  Here's how I did it!
 I made the rosettes using THESE instructions and then tucked a piece of light green tulle behind the rosettes to add just a touch of contrast.  {Using pearlized corsage pins adds a fancy touch.}
 I made a variety of roses by varying how tight I wrapped the tulle.  I like the bigger rosettes for the look of this topiary, plus the bigger the roses, the fewer you have to make.
I used this cute box I got at Tai Pan a few months ago and painted it cream. 
Next, I wrapped some tulle around the stem and tied a bow around the top. 
Finally, I pinned green tulle at the base to cover the Styrofoam bottom.
Super easy and so beautiful!  
Another fun version I can't wait to make is a red one and add some bling for Christmas or Valentine's Day!  I'm feeling a Pajama Crafting Day coming on already!  :)

Have fun making the world a cuter place!

~ Cindy Jane

17 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for a topiary! I am now following you!! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I have a link party, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/face-cleansing-oil-and-wednesdays.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debi! I'll link up right now! :)

      Delete
  3. I tried to follow your blog but never could get it to take! I'll come back later and try1 Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so weird. :( I hope it works for you later. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. What a fun idea!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. It's a new weekly linky party with 3 days left. Hope to see you there. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/07/tasty-thursdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We linked up and are your newest followers!

      Delete
  5. OOOH! I’m pinning this for sure! Stopping over from It's a Hodgepodge Friday. Come visit me at jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning! LOVE your site and can't wait to try out some of your recipes! :)

      Delete
  6. Look at how cute that is! Those are some great pictures too! Thanks for sharing :) I am officially your newest follower. Yay for being blog buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super cute idea! Visiting from TT&J :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for linking up. You are being featured on my Facebook page today!! http://www.facebook.com/TheMandatoryMooch.

    Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the how-to for this gorgeous topiary!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete