Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Tulle Rosette Tutorial


These tulle rosettes are SO easy to make and can be used in a variety of projects like this wreath and this topiary.  Here's how you can do it too!
I cut tulle into 3 - 4 inch strips....lots and lots and lots of strips!  The easiest way to do it is to fold the tulle {lengthwise} into fourths, kind of bunch it together, and then cut. 
You'll end up with a strip that is about 2 yards long and 3 - 4 inches wide.
 I'm right handed, so I held onto the tulle with my left thumb and started wrapping it. 
 Then I loosely turned it until it looked like this...it took about 5 wraps.
Next, I formed the "bud" of the flower.  I gently unwrapped it from my fingers and held onto it with my thumb.  Then I wrapped the tulle around one side a few times, and then gradually turned it like I was making a ball of tulle...because really that IS all you're going to do! 
See!  I told you it was simple.  :)
The only tricky part is if you need a lot of flowers, so it makes a perfect tv project. 
Just remember, the tighter you wrap the tulle, the smaller the rose and vise versa.  I like to have a variety of sizes when I do projects like this.
 When you've wrapped all the tulle, put a corsage pin in the center and you're done!

Have fun making these gorgeous roses &
making the world a cuter place!

~Cindy Jane


3 comments:

  1. Oh! Just love this - and the white tulle wreath as well! Thanks for your fun inspiration. Catherine (newest follower of your blogging adventures!) p.s. I plan to make my daughter a pink wreath like your white one, but have pink ballet shoes hanging down from it. I'll send pics, and post a link to your blog for the tutorial. I'll let you know when I get to this project....some things take me a while, but I'll get there! : )

    ReplyDelete