Monday, May 7, 2012

Paper Prize Boxes

Oh, my goodness!  What a CRAZY month I have had!  I've dropped off of the blog world for a few weeks, but I'm back.  It's been one project after another from 70+ hour work weeks, baby announcement photo shoots (don't get excited...I was the photographer, not the photographed), to planning baby showers, and producing an opera with 24 talented 2nd Graders...I've seen a little bit of everything the past four weeks.  Here's a little peek into the craziness of my life.

Every year, my group of creative 2nd graders writes an original opera thanks to the Utah Festival Opera & Musical Theatre's Opera by Children.  The entire process takes about 8 months, but it is completely worth it!  I always give my kiddos a special prize after they perform for their parents.  This year I made them these oh, so cute prize boxes.  The best part is they were basically free since I had all of the materials on hand.  I had to glitz them up with cute little creatures on the front that matched their characters in the opera. 
I used the Cricut cartridge Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More to make the boxes.  It's a fun cartridge, but I wish the box sizes were bigger.  This is the Gable Box cut.
Sticking with my free theme, I got bright colored copy paper and put it through the paper shredder for the "stuffing".  It added a fun, bright touch!
Here they are, all lined up.  The animals on the front were cut from the Cricut cartridge Create a Critter...one of my favorites!  I cut little name tags out of the Storybook cartridge and they were done!  One thing checked off the never ending to-do list!
The kids loved their little boxes and the keepsake inside of it!  I told ElleBee I would cry if they ripped into the boxes in front of me, but I was SO impressed, because I didn't find even one little piece of paper on the floor. :)
Even 8 year olds appreciate it when you
make the world a cuter place!

~Have fun!

Cindy Jane 

6 comments:

  1. Awww these are so cute! You must be really proud of all the little kiddos. I'm sure they loved them, too. :)

    I'm a new follower! ♥

    Kisses from Egypt,
    Roudi @ c-is-for-craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following, Roudi!!! Yes, I was super proud of the little guys! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for linking these up! SO STINKIN' CUTE!! :) Hope you are having a great week!

    -heather
    stringtownhome

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI Ladies - you've been featured on my site as Liebster Blog Award winners! So glad I found your site... go visit and check it out! http://stringtownhome.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend!
    -heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!!! Thank you SO much! We are super excited! What a fun surprise!!

      Delete